IDB Invest, a member of the IDB Group, is fully committed to gender equality and diversity, and supports the continuous advancement of international standards to prevent sexual harassment, abuse and exploitation, both internally and in the operations it finances.
IDB Invest has zero tolerance for gender-based violence and recognizes that diverse sexual orientations and gender identities may cause people to become more vulnerable. Aiming to prevent it, IDB Invest embeds high standards in its institutional practices and processes and reaffirms its commitment to the following principles based on its Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct:
- to foster a culture of respect and high standards of ethical behavior across its institution;
- to maintain standards aimed at preventing sexual harassment, abuse, and exploitation, and other forms of misconduct;
- to provide a safe and trusted environment for those affected by sexual harassment, abuse, and exploitation to step forward to report incidents and concerns;
- to protect those affected, as well as whistle-blowers and/or witnesses within their institutions, and to express zero tolerance against any form of retaliation;
- to maintain robust policy frameworks and clear institutional mechanisms that address how incidents and allegations are handled should they arise; and
- to provide effective training programs so all staff understand the requirements and standards of behavior expected of them as international civil servants.
With respect to the operations it finances, IDB Invest’s Environmental and Social Sustainability Policy requires its clients to identify and address gender-related risks, including gender-based violence and sexual exploitation, and to put in place specific measures to prevent and address these risks.
IDB Invest remains committed to working with its partners and clients to share best practices and advance the prevention of gender-based violence in Latin America and the Caribbean, through policy dialogue and capacity building.
About IDB Invest
IDB Invest, a member of the IDB Group, is a multilateral development bank committed to promoting the economic development of its member countries in Latin America and the Caribbean through the private sector. IDB Invest finances sustainable companies and projects to achieve financial results and maximize economic, social and environmental development in the region. With a portfolio of $13.1 billion in asset management and 385 clients in 25 countries, IDB Invest provides innovative financial solutions and advisory services that meet the needs of its clients in a variety of industries.