Environmental and Social Sustainability Policy Update
IDB Invest is updating its Environmental and Social Sustainability Policy (dated 2013). As part of this process, we opened the draft of the new Sustainability Policy on June 17th, 2019, to public consultation -and received comments for a period of 120 days.
Download the draft Policy in your preferred language.
Why is IDB Invest updating its Policy?
The proposed Policy will reflect IDB Invest’s vision and current best practices relating to environmental and social sustainability.
The public consultation seeks to establish a transparent and constructive dialogue that gives all interested stakeholders an opportunity to contribute to the improvement of the Policy’s effectiveness.
The consultation included virtual and face-to-face dialogues. In addition, interested individuals were invited to share their comments on the proposed Policy through the IDB Invest website “Register” section or by email (email@example.com).
Now that the consultation portion of the process is over, IDB Invest team is working on compiling and classifying the comments received to include those suggestions that strengthen the effectiveness of the Environmental and Social Sustainability Policy.
The draft will be distributed to the Board at the end of December 2019. Once approved, the updated Policy and the previous version will be shared with the public.
Thank you for your comments!
The consultation process ended on October 15th, 2019. Thank you to all the interested parties who attended both the in-person consultation sessions in Washington DC, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the virtual sessions in Spanish, English and Portuguese.
By the end of November 2019, IDB Invest will publish a report including:
- A summary of comments and why they were included or not in the Policy draft.
- A detailed description of the public consultation process.
- June 2019: publish Policy Draft. In-person, virtual and digital consultations open for 120 days.
- September 2019: conduct in person consultations in Colombia (September 4th), Argentina (September 4th), Jamaica (September 6th), Panama (September 6th) and Washington, D.C. (September 10th). Also, conduct virtual consultation session in Spanish (September 12th), English (September 12th), Portuguese (September 13th).
- October 2019: last day to send comments regarding the draft policy (October 15th).
- November 2019: publish consultation report on the website.
Overview of the consultation and participation process.
Presentation shared at the in-person and virtual sessions.