Environmental and Social Sustainability Policy Update
IDB Invest is updating its Environmental and Social Sustainability Policy (dated 2013). As part of this process, we opened the draft of the new Sustainability Policy on June 17th, 2019, to public consultation -and will be receiving comments for a period of 120 days.
Download the draft Policy in your preferred language.
Why is IDB Invest updating its Policy?
The proposed Policy will reflect IDB Invest’s vision and current best practices relating to environmental and social sustainability.
The public consultation seeks to establish a transparent and constructive dialogue that gives all interested stakeholders an opportunity to contribute to the improvement of the Policy’s effectiveness.
The consultation will include virtual and face-to-face dialogues. In addition, interested individuals are invited to share their comments on the proposed Policy through the IDB Invest website “Register” section or email (email@example.com)
At the closing of the consultation process and after Board approval, both policies, a consultation process description and a summary of the key comments we received will be shared with the public.
We want to hear from you!
Thank you to all the interested parties who attended both the in-person consultation sessions in Washington DC, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the virtual sessions in Spanish, English and Portuguese.
The consultation process will continue through this website, by email and post until Tuesday, October 15th, 2019.
- Draft of the policy made available to the public.
- In-person, virtual and digital consultations open for 120 days.
- In person consultations in Colombia (September 4th), Argentina (September 4th), Jamaica (September 6th), Panama (September 6th) and Washington, D.C. (September 10th).
- Virtual consultation session in Spanish (September 12th), English (September 12th), Portuguese (September 13th).
- Last day to send comments regarding the draft policy (October 15th).
- Comments received and addressed made available to the public.
Overview of the consultation and participation process.
Presentation shared at the in-person and virtual sessions.