Consultation Process: Environmental and Social Sustainability Policy
The new IDB Invest Environmental and Social Sustainability Policy was approved by the Board of Directors on April 10, 2020. It became effective on December 15, 2020.
In December 2020, IDB Invest Management approved the new Implementation Manual for the Sustainability Policy. This revised version of the Implementation Manual was developed after review and consideration of the valuable comments received from stakeholders during the public comment period that initiated on September 14, 2020. Given the COVID-19 Pandemic in-person meetings were not possible. A virtual meeting was held on October 14, 2020 and suggestions and comments regarding this document were received via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Overview of the consultation and participation process.
Presentation shared at the in-person and virtual sessions.
Report on the Consultation Process
Report summarizing the consultation and participation process, including a consolidated summary of comments received and IDB Invest response.
Draft Implementation Manual for the Sustainability Policy.
- June 2019: publish Policy Draft. In-person, virtual and digital consultations open for 120 days.
- September 2019: conduct in person consultations in Colombia (September 4th), Argentina (September 4th), Jamaica (September 6th), Panama (September 6th) and Washington, D.C. (September 10th). Also, conduct virtual consultation session in Spanish (September 12th), English (September 12th), Portuguese (September 13th).
- October 2019: last day to send comments regarding the draft policy (October 15th).
- December 2019: published report summarizing the comments received during the consultation.
- April 10, 2020: approval of IDB invest new Sustainability Policy by the Board of Directors.
- April 24, 2020: publish an updated consultation report with IDB Invest's responses to the comments provided by the consultation's participants and the new Sustainability Policy (effective December 15, 2020).
May 29, 2020: conduct virtual meeting in English and Spanish to explain how IDB Invest incorporated stakeholders' suggestions into its new Sustainability Policy.
- July 2020: publish draft of the Sustainability Policy Implementation Manual to initiate consultation.
- September 14 - October 14, 2020: Virtual public comment period for the Sustainability Policy Implementation Manual. Included a virtual meeting with stakeholders to receive feedback and answer questions on the Draft Implementation Manual.
- November 2020: review feedback received during public comment period and prepare a revised version of the Implementation Manual.
- December 2020: revised the version of the Implementation Manual approved by IDB Invest Management and made publicly available.
- February 2021: virtual meeting to be held with CSOs to present the revised version of the Implementation Manual and to explain how IDB Invest took the feedback into consideration.