Consultation - Public Consultation On New Access to Information Policy
IDB Invest, the private sector arm of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) Group, is a multilateral development bank committed to supporting the private sector in Latin America and the Caribbean.
IDB Invest is updating its information policy. As part of this process, we want to establish a transparent and constructive dialogue to hear the parties’ suggestions and allow everyone an opportunity to contribute to improving its effectiveness. The consultation includes in-person dialogue with interested parties.
The new policy seeks to reflect the new Access to Information standards adopted by international financial institutions and development banks with emphasis on private sector issues. This reaffirms IDB Invest’s commitment to transparency in the performance of its activities and strengthens its governance and accountability.
Download the draft policy in your preferred language
The register to participate in virtual or in person Consultation is now closed.
IDB Invest: Access to Information Policy
1350 New York Avenue, NW.
Washington, DC. 20577. USA.
- Draft of the policy made available to the public.
- Digital and live consultations open for 120 days.
- In person consultation in Panama (5/6 July), Argentina (10 August), Brazil (13 August), Costa Rica (18 September), Jamaica (21 September), Colombia (25 September) and Washington, D.C. (28 September).
- Comments received and addressed made available to the public.
Overview of the consultation and participation process
Summary of stakeholders' comments
- Meetings in Panama – July 5/6, 2018
- Meetings in Argentina – August 10, 2018
- Meetings in Brazil – August 13, 2018
- Meetings in Costa Rica – September 18, 2018
- Meetings in Jamaica – September 21, 2018
- Meetings in Colombia – September 25, 2018
- Meetings in Washington D.C. – September 28, 2018
- Comments received at Virtual Consultation – Until October 9th 2018
Consult our Q&A